Do you have any job openings?
Please stop by or call our office for an employment application.
What are your minimum hiring standards?
You must have a high school diploma or equivalent, be at least 18 years old and a citizen of the United States at the time of appointment. Some divisions also have physical fitness requirements.
What kind of background check do you perform on potential employees?
The Idaho County Sheriff's Office has a very extensive background check that includes the following:
- Educational History
- Employment History
- History of drug/narcotics usage
- Financial/Credit status
- Criminal History
What are the visiting hours at the jail?
Wednesdays and Fridays 1pm to 4pm
Can I call and talk to an inmate?
No, inmates can either call out collect or have access to purchase phone cards from the jail. Outside phone cards are not accepted.
Can I bring personal hygiene items like shampoo to an inmate?
No, inmates are provide with all necessary hygiene items.
Are the inmates allowed to have tobacco?
How do I mail something to an inmate?
Mail should be addressed to the inmate care of the Idaho County Jail,
320 West Main Street, Grangeville, ID 83530.
What are the rules for inmate mail?
- All correspondence must show the full name and address of both the sender and the recipient on the envelope.
- Correspondence not showing both addresses will not be given to the inmate.
- All correspondence must be in English, unless the writer’s primary language is not English.
Inmates will NOT be allowed to receive the following items:
- Polaroid photos
- Photos larger than 5x7
- Stickers in or on envelopes
- Tape in or on envelopes
- Pornographic materials
- Publications describing the making of weapons, bombs, explosives, drugs or alcohol
- Publications related to gang activities or involvement
- Coded messages – Sending or receiving
- Cards larger than 8x10
- Gang related items i.e. drawings, photos, photocopies, etc.
- Laminated cards
- Books, Magazines, Newspapers Etc.
Can I bond someone out using a credit or debit card?
Yes, visit www.citepayusa.com
How can I get a Concealed Weapons Permit?
Come to the Idaho County Sheriff's Office and fill out the appropriate forms and show identification and if initial application, be fingerprinted. Your application will then be sent to the state for a background check.
How much does it cost?
Initial (first): $42.00 Application Fee and $25.00 permit fee
Renewal: $20.00 Application Fee and $20.00 permit fee
If your permit has expired but less than 90 days, there is an additional $10.00 late fee.
If your permit has been expired more than 90 days, you must start the initial process again.